Community Mediation Center of St. Mary’s County (CMSMC) offers community members a way to resolve disputes or have a difficult conversation with the help of trained, neutral volunteer mediators. A great benefit of mediation is that it allows participants to come to a mutual resolution instead of a decision handed down by a judge or arbitrator.
The generosity of our community is paramount in our ability to continue providing free services. We always need extra hands for community outreach events like dropping off brochures to businesses, doctor offices, churches, nail salons, hair salons, etc., around our community, promoting fundraisers like our LFT5K (Looking For Trouble 5K), office assistance, updating and posting on social media, and of course mediating. If you are interested in volunteering please contact us and tell us what you are interested in doing. Call us at 301-475-9118 or use the contact widget on the left!
The Executive Director of Community Mediation of St. Mary’s County (CMSMC) is a full-time, exempt employee of a small 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in Leonardtown, MD. The ED is expected to implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization and ensure that CMSMC offers effective, high quality mediation programs that emphasize the capacity of those persons most involved in, and affected by, conflicts to resolve matters among themselves using transformative mediation techniques. The ED will give direction and provide strong leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy and its annual goals and objectives. The ED will be supported by a part-time Program Director as funding permits.
• Manage mediation programs in District Court, Circuit Court and within the community
• Conduct mediation intake, scheduling and sessions
• Recruit, train and manage mediators and other volunteers
• Plan and execute fundraising efforts (donor relations, grants, events)
• Manage budget and financial operations
• Effectively engage with partners and community at large
• Support development of a strong and active Board of Directors
• Bachelors degree, preferably in relevant field of study.
• Three years management experience with a non-profit organization.
• Mediation experience a plus; training required upon hire.
SALARY: $40K+ based on management and mediation experience. Health and other benefits negotiable.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.