Neighborhood mediation is a solution for the "everyday" conflicts that are common in any area. The goal of neighborhood mediation is to help people transform their conflict into conversation and work with each other to decide on a solution. The mediators are there to support the conversation. They are neutral parties which means they don’t take sides, pass judgement or offer solutions. If an agreement isn’t achieved you may still have a better understanding of each other, your choices, and your situation.
Benefits of Neighborhood Mediation
- Cost effective - mediation is offered at no cost to the participants
- Resolve issues without using the judiciary system
- Gain a better understanding of yourself, your position, the other person and the situation as a whole
- Mediation works at any stage of conflict. It's never too late or too early to seek mediation
- Safe space - mediation provides a safe place to have a difficult conversation